FIRE MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE
Prevention is the best cure…
Like any machine a consistently maintained and thoroughly serviced fire system is paramount in ensuring peace of mind knowing that it will operate correctly when needed most.
Intercept Fire Protection are experts in fire system maintenance and are available 24/7 for our clients to provide ongoing support, maintenance, monitoring and advice thus ensuring peace of mind knowing that their property and personnel are in safe hands at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do fire systems need to be serviced?
Your service schedule depends on the components that make up your fire safety system. Frequency of servicing should be determined by Australian Standards (specifically, AS1851), along with manufacturer’s guidelines. Most items need to be serviced either annually or six-monthly.
What is involved with fire system maintenance?
Typically, this will include the following:
- Testing the functionality of each piece of detection, warning and suppression apparatus
- Checking components for damage, obstructions and contamination
- Checking if the zone plan remains accurate
- Testing cause-and-effect automated actions (e.g. automatic shut-offs)
- Periodic disassembly and replacement of components (depending on manufacturers’ guidelines)
- Reviewing false alarms and diagnosing their causes, and taking remedial action where appropriate.
When are you available for maintenance and monitoring?
Intercept Fire is available 24 hours, 7 days a week to conduct maintenance and monitoring. This allows us to ensure the most responsive, reliable and safe service for our clients.